In My Life*

Last Wednesday evening I got a call from my wasband that a dear friend of ours had died.

He was dear to us in millions of ways. He was Little Buzzy's (wasband's) best friend, married one of my best friends, was the best man in our wedding, was our Bella's godfather, plucked my wasband out of a river while the two of them were smelting, made me laugh always, was much loved by all the nieces and nephews in his large and warm family, and loved by all of us. So loved by all of us.

I'm reeling from this. If I'm reeling I can't think how his family is doing. How will we do without him.

I'm sad. Sad sad sad. Tears and more tears. Tears for his wife, my old friend. Tears for all of us that love him. Tears and laughter for the memories.

May I say something so complete in its DUH-factor? We take each other for granted. We expect things to stay the same and they don't.
1983 - Big Buzzy, Teri, Bella, Little Buzzy - yes Wasband is that damn handsome.
Big Buzzy, remember how I used to cut your hair? You would say to me, "Dizzy - don't get too happy with those scissors. I don't want to look like the last time." or "Dizzy - my hair is CURLY! Don't get too short." I would snip away and occasionally say, "whoops!" just to get you riled up.

I remember when something would happen, good or bad, and I'd look at him to see what he was thinking and he would invariably say, "Dizzy, what can I say"? His big hands outstretched and questioning. Laughing all the while.

I really loved him and the last couple of times I saw him I would hug him and when I would go for a second hug he would say, "Dizzy, you already got one!" He was as squishy inside as he was all grizzly on the outside.

Here's to flannel shirts, Schmidt beer, lot parties, putting the speakers on the top of a car, shaking it more than once, and loving someone more than you realize.

We miss you. Please come back.

*Teri, the pastor was right, perfect song selections for the service. Hugs woman.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Fashion and Beauty Tips - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online